Tuesday, January 4, 2011

BUDDHADEB TO CHIDAMBARAM

Your observation not acceptable: Chief Minister writes to Chidambaram

procession in Jhilimili, Bankura  

Chief Minister’s letter to Union Home Minister

Dear Shri Chidambaram,


I wanted not to open all our correspondences before media but to discuss with you the problems when I meet you in Delhi. Bust as you have already released the correspondence between us to media. I feel compelled to write further on the issues raised by you.


I have noted the reasons behind late arrival of your letter in my office but I cannot accept the deliberate leakage of letters to the Press. I objected to the use of the ward “harmad” for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, you have proposed to replace it with any better word that I may suggest. I am sorry I cannot offer you any such word since I am unable to accept with your attitude towards Left Front workers in our State and also your observation regarding failure of law and order in certain areas.While I share your anxiety on the found situation in Maoist affected areas, I again assure you that our policy is to take appropriate administrative steps against all armed groups who may try to disturb law and order.


The role being by TMC by joining the Maoists and their outfits and now openly organizing public meetings is a dangerous development of which serious note should be taken by your Ministry. You are aware that there are clinching evidence of the encouragement and support that the Maoists are getting from Trinamool Congress. Unfortunately you have chosen not to mention this problem in your letter.The deaths resulting from political clashes clearly show that CPI(M) workers were killed in far greater numbers than TMC supporters. I deeply deplore all deaths in such clashes irrespective of their political affiliations. In no way the violence is justified. I am trying my best to put a stop to such violence. Unfortunately, TMC is not cooperating with the administration in this effort and you are fully aware of this.


I conclude here by saying once again that I will try to go to Delhi as early as possible to meet you and discuss all the related issues.


With regards,


Yours sincerely


Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee

COURTESY : LEFTBENGAL BLOGSPOT

No comments:

Post a Comment